Sunday, September 25, 2011

Roberto's Cafe - BYOB

It was Branzino night and boy was it delicious!

Roberto's Cafe is a cute little Italian spot down the street from me. I normally don't like to eat at Italian restaurants (although I cook it all the time) because I feel like it can be heavy. But, on occasion I find a really good one that is able to deliver a balanced meal.

I got pretty lucky tonight too, because I have been wanting to try Branzino and it was one of the specials. Branzino is a strictly Mediterranean mild white fish. Roberto's was serving it whole and I decided I could not pass it up.

The fish came out on a plate and our server filleted it with a spoon in front of the table. It was a wonderful presentation and a whole lot of fish. It was served with some balsamic coated zucchini and roasted potatoes.Although the sides were forgettable, the fish was the real star. It was coated in balsamic and olive oil and it melted in your mouth. It's a great fish for people who say they don't like fish.

The ambiance is really cozy in Roberto's as well. It is small and quiet and the staff makes you feel like you are the only people in the restaurant, without being overly attentive. Our server allowed us to feel at home, which I really appreciated.

Therefore, I give Roberto's 3.5 Jicamas. I hope to dine there again soon. Yum!










No comments:

Post a Comment