I guess you could say I stood you up. I'm sorry.
My first meal as a blogger was cooked by me. Mainly because I am poor and I could find no one to dine with tonight. However, I will gladly critique my own creation. It was mediocre at best and I award myself:
1 Jicama, out of a possible 5. Whomp whomp.
My intentions were for a peppery and rustic tomato sauce with chicken and cous cous. YUM. Unfortunately, there is only one grocery store in walking distance and their basil was less than satisfactory (pretty sure it's supposed to be green). I knew I had some things in the house I could work with, so I grabbed a few items from the market. I spent about $8 total.
1. Chicken Breast - About $5 worth (I like leftovers)
2. 1 Yellow Onion
3. 1 Green Pepper
4. Garlic
I had some "spanish" rice at home that I wanted to jazz up with the peppers, onions and garlic. The "spanish" rice was one of those $3 bags you get at the grocery store that includes all the seasonings etc. Makes things super easy, but I also like to add my own touch.
First I cooked up my onions, green pepper and garlic in some olive oil. I removed the veggies from the pan and after slicing and seasoning (salt and pepper...obviously) my chicken, I sauteed it over med-low heat. I got my rice started and waited for both to took. After some chicken flipping and veggie adding the meal was complete.
Ta da! Arroz espanola con pollo.....Just kidding. The Spanish would be embarrassed. Plus, I may have over peppered the chicken. I said "season" not ruin.
Well I appreciate you sharing this meal with me. I'll post pictures when my meal is not a train wreck.
P.S. I ate it all anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment