Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lunch - Cafe Lutecia

That's right. I took pictures this time....kind of. Cafe Lutecia is one of my FAVORITE lunch spots. It has a Parisian country feel and delightfully french food.

I will probably always recommend trying their soup or quiche du jour. Both are lovely and reasonably priced ($8 for both).

I dined on the green lentil soup with saffron and coconut milk. It was light (which is tough for the french) and wonderfully seasoned. The saffron added a luxurious depth to the lentils without being overpowering.

As recommended, I also had one of their quiches; which was tomato, basil and goat cheese. It was OK, but I think I would have preferred a sun-dried tomato. I needed a little more tang to go with the goat cheese. The crust seemed to overpower the strong flavor I was hoping for.

Don't worry, I will be going back. They have wonderful sandwiches as well. I can't wait until winter when their ham, cheese and BECHAMEL goes back on the menu. YUM.

This was the aftermath:



I award 3 Jicamas today.




No comments:

Post a Comment